Subject: [bug#65000] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-next: Update to 29.1.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 06:25:04 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 01.08.2023 um 23:10 +0200 schrieb Tobias Geerinckx-
Rice:
> On 2023-08-01 22:27, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> > Welp, given that this is a release, it's no longer, "emacs-next",
> > isn't it?
> 
> Oh?  To me, "-next" does not imply ‘not a release’.
> 
> It can mean all sorts of fun things, like ‘known to be broken if you 
> hold it wrong’, ‘simply not as tested as the primary package’, or
> even ‘I didn't wanna wait for a whole proper "emacs" integration
> cycle to get this upstream ;-)’.
> 
> Yeah, that's the one.
I mean, I can understand that.  On the other hand, I don't think it'd
be nice for emacs-team to diverge too far and a merge in celebration of
"emacs-next" being actually released now would make a lot of sense
imho.  That being said it would also mean that folks would have to
s/emacs-next/emacs their profiles.

Andrew, WDYT?