Subject: bug#64996: 29.1; Cannot toggle the display of inline images

From: Eli Qian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 22:28:07 +0800

Steps to reproduce:
1. emacs -Q
2. M-x org-mode RET
3. Input a figure link, such as [[imge-path]]
4. M-x org-toggle-inline-images RET. You will see an image 
displayed in the
current buffer.
5. Keep the image display, type M-x org-mode RET, 
6. M-x org-toggle-inline-images RET, then you will find that the 
image cannot
be turned off.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.38,
 cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-31 built on eli
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation=aot
 --with-modules --with-xwidgets --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP 
NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM 
XWIDGETS
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pp descr-text image-file 
image-converter
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree generator 
oc-basic
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc 
ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime 
gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom browse-url 
url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core json map byte-opt url-vars gnus-group gnus-undo 
gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse 
rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader 
gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr 
image-mode
exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m 
ol-doi
org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp 
org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc 
ansi-color
ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date 
noutline
outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol 
org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec 
cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip 
cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew 
greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button 
loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window 
text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal 
dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 249883 8910)
 (symbols 48 33040 0)
 (strings 32 129125 2222)
 (string-bytes 1 3369632)
 (vectors 16 39429)
 (vector-slots 8 1102706 43493)
 (floats 8 326 127)
 (intervals 56 505 0)
 (buffers 984 12))