Subject: bug#64996: closed (Re: bug#64996: 29.1; Cannot toggle the display of inline images)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 11:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64996: 29.1; Cannot toggle the display of inline images

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64996: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64996
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64996: 29.1; Cannot toggle the display of inline images
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 14:33:44 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Qian <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 05:20:00 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Did you report this to the Org developers first?  If not, please do,
> > as this sounds like an Org issue.  If you already did report this
> > there, please tell what the Org developers told you about this.
> 
> Fixed on Org side.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=6c1ff952f

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.1; Cannot toggle the display of inline images
From: Eli Qian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 22:28:07 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce:
1. emacs -Q
2. M-x org-mode RET
3. Input a figure link, such as [[imge-path]]
4. M-x org-toggle-inline-images RET. You will see an image 
displayed in the
current buffer.
5. Keep the image display, type M-x org-mode RET, 
6. M-x org-toggle-inline-images RET, then you will find that the 
image cannot
be turned off.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.38,
 cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-31 built on eli
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation=aot
 --with-modules --with-xwidgets --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP 
NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM 
XWIDGETS
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pp descr-text image-file 
image-converter
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree generator 
oc-basic
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc 
ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime 
gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom browse-url 
url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core json map byte-opt url-vars gnus-group gnus-undo 
gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse 
rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader 
gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr 
image-mode
exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m 
ol-doi
org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp 
org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc 
ansi-color
ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date 
noutline
outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol 
org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec 
cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip 
cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew 
greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button 
loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window 
text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal 
dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 249883 8910)
 (symbols 48 33040 0)
 (strings 32 129125 2222)
 (string-bytes 1 3369632)
 (vectors 16 39429)
 (vector-slots 8 1102706 43493)
 (floats 8 326 127)
 (intervals 56 505 0)
 (buffers 984 12))