Subject: bug#5353: closed (Re: bug#6499: 23.1; Emacs gets stuck waiting for menu input)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:49:04 +0000

Your bug report

#6499: 23.1; buffer pull-down menu not complete

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6499: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6499
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6499: 23.1; Emacs gets stuck waiting for menu input
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Tobias Bading <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Marius Kjeldahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:48:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tobias Bading skrev 2010-07-16 12.05:
> Hi,
>
> could someone please reopen bug #6499? IMHO this hasn't been fixed yet. I just
> tried trunk r100830 and Jan's patch from the emacs-23 branch has made it into
> the trunk, causing the following side-effect:

The patch is not in trunk, 100830 fixed 6645.  It is not in trunk 100831 either.

Please learn to use bzr log.  It tells you which bugs have been fixed.

	Jan D.

Subject: 23.1; buffer pull-down menu not complete
From: John Telting <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:48:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

++++
  Report:

  when loading files into emacs using the cntr-x cntr-f keys,
  the loaded file is not added to the "Buffers" pull-down menu
  anylonger. This used to be the case in older versions of
  emacs, and was a nice feature. 

  My current Emacs is version 23.1.1, on Ubuntu 8.04.
  Only the buffers given at the command line at startup are present
  in the pull-down menu, together with the Scratch and Messages
  buffers.

  John Telting ([email-masked])
++++

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.5)
 of 2009-09-14 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10400090
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu' '--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 2 C-x 1 <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-known-problems> <next> 
C-s b u f f e r C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <buffer> C-a <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <buffer> C-@ <help-echo> 
C-x C-f 1 0 1 <backspace> <tab> 1 <tab> <return> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> C-x b C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> 
<new-file> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Loading debian-ispell...done
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50psvn.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Mark saved where search started
Quit
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.