Subject: bug#6499: 23.1; Emacs gets stuck waiting for menu input

From: Tobias Bading <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:04:06 +0200

Hi Jan,

nope, no cigar. I tried your patch against trunk r100684 and it indeed 
solves the reported bug, but it causes even worse problems for me (GNU 
Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) on 
Ubuntu Lucid). Now clicking on an item in the menu bar will pop up the 
menu properly only every n-th try. The other times the menu closes as 
soon as I release the mouse button :-(.

Regards,
Tobias

PS: Please don't ask me to check with a newer trunk revision, unless 
someone can confirm that at least a simple click works again in the head 
revision without setting the mark. At least double clicks work again, I 
guess that's a start... ;-)

On 03.07.2010 11:49, Jan Djärv wrote:
> (Please don't remove the ddebugs.gnu.org address).
>
> I don't know why I didn't see this before, I must have done something else.
> It is present in 23.2 also.
>
> I've made a fix in the emacs-23 branch (to be released as 23.3), it
> should propagate to the trunk after a while.
>
> Jan D.