Subject: bug#64989: closed (Re: bug#64989: 29.1; Comment or uncomment lines in elisp-mode will show message in minibuffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64989: 29.1; Comment or uncomment lines in elisp-mode will show message in minibuffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64989: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64989
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64989: 29.1; Comment or uncomment lines in elisp-mode will show message in minibuffer
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:13:24 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> That would work as well.  The patch below should do the trick, tho, if
> you prefer to keep changes to a minimum.

Pushed to `emacs-29`.

        Stefan

Subject: 29.1; Comment or uncomment lines in elisp-mode will show message in minibuffer
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 19:13:59 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Emacs,

When update to the new released Emacs 29.1, I found that when comment or
uncomment lines in emacs-lisp-mode will show message in minibuffer as
below:
```
combine-change-calls: buffer-undo-list broken
```
Steps to reproduce:
1. create a test.el file with any Elisp code. such as:
```
(message "Test")
```
2. start emacs and open the test.el file with `emacs -Q ~/test.el`
3. Use C-x C-; (comment-line) to comment the code in test.el
4. Now you will see the message mentioned above.

This issue also happened on Emacs 29.1 on Windows OS.

----
Best regard, Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS appkit-2299.70
 Version 13.5 (Build 22G74), git sha1 a9b28224af0) of 2023-07-30 built on macbook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher shortdoc text-property-search help-fns radix-tree
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91885 14315)
 (symbols 48 7745 3)
 (strings 32 22830 1629)
 (string-bytes 1 698877)
 (vectors 16 17037)
 (vector-slots 8 356967 18443)
 (floats 8 85 110)
 (intervals 56 538 16)
 (buffers 984 14))