Subject: bug#64985: 30.0.50; package-recompile-all and package-recompile do not recompile anything, seems related to the patch associated with bug #64985

From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 21:37:25 +0200

Hi,
today, after a git pull from master and rebuilding emacs (I removed all .elc 
files, make clean && make bootstrap as usual), I tried to recompile all 
installed packages, but without success.
Emacs says:
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/zig-mode-20230722.2023...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20200604.246...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/yaml-20230714.154...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/xterm-color-20230321.3...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/xcscope-20230626.2109...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/xclip-1.11...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/with-editor-20230711.1217...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/which-key-20230712.2151...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/web-completion-data-20160318.848...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20230801.18...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/vterm-20230417.424...
Done (Total of 0 files compiled)
Checking /home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/vertico-1.4...

It seems to be a problem related to the patch attached to the bug #64985
My byte-compile-ignore-files is nil as a result, If I've made no mistake, 
(mapconcat #'identity byte-compile-ignore-files "\\|") is an empty string.
Could this be the problem?

Thanks.
Vincenzo

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-08-04 built on fedora
Repository revision: 60e5f212182ca2f41f89a4315075e38433bc8ac0
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 38 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter
 --with-cairo --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-pop --with-xwidgets
 --without-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs_pgtk
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -funroll-loops -fno-strict-aliasing
 -march=native -mtune=native -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230723.1411/transient hides /opt/
emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils debug backtrace
cl-print vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher citre citre-global
vertico-directory ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util git-gutter editorconfig
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree cus-start cus-load mvn vterm face-remap term
disp-table ehelp vterm-module term/xterm xterm expand-region
text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom dired-launch xclip which-key
consult-imenu consult-flycheck flycheck find-func dash jka-compr
let-alist projectile-speedbar sr-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe
projectile skeleton find-dired citre-lang-fileref dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs add-log
compile server yasnippet derived init custom-skeleton custom-rust
custom-dart custom-java custom-go custom-php custom-c cuda-mode cc-langs
cl citre-lang-c citre-tags citre-ctags citre-readtags
citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface citre-ui-peek color
citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
custom-sql custom-clojure custom-web custom-ruby custom-markup
citre-config company-quickhelp pos-tip company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company consult-xref xref
project consult bookmark text-property-search pp perspective ibuf-macs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons advice ido vertico compat edmacro kmacro
json-ts-mode cmake-ts-mode yaml-ts-mode treesit standard-dark-theme
standard-themes cl-extra use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core ffap thingatpt elec-pair which-func imenu
saveplace tramp-sh tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec ansi-color tramp-loaddefs
winner ring minibuf-eldef hl-line savehist delsel recentf tree-widget
wid-edit xt-mouse custom-function custom-variable fonts cargo-autoloads
citre-autoloads clj-refactor-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads cmake-project-autoloads company-glsl-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads company-web-autoloads company-autoloads
consult-dir-autoloads consult-flycheck-autoloads consult-lsp-autoloads
consult-autoloads cuda-mode-autoloads dired-launch-autoloads
dired-rsync-autoloads docker-autoloads aio-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads expand-region-autoloads flutter-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads git-gutter-autoloads glsl-mode-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads google-translate-autoloads gotest-autoloads
hover-autoloads iedit-autoloads inflections-autoloads lsp-dart-autoloads
dart-mode-autoloads lsp-java-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads bui-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads
lsp-ui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads mvn-autoloads nexus-autoloads
paredit-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
perspective-autoloads php-mode-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
projectile-speedbar-autoloads projectile-autoloads queue-autoloads
request-autoloads restclient-autoloads rustic-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads rvm-autoloads
sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads sr-speedbar-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads tablist-autoloads transient-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads vertico-autoloads
vterm-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads
which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
xclip-autoloads xcscope-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads
zig-mode-autoloads reformatter-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 674043 157766) (symbols 48 33121 1) (strings 32 157317 5061)
 (string-bytes 1 6516168) (vectors 16 45685) (vector-slots 8 853703 46616)
 (floats 8 319 390) (intervals 56 1552 635) (buffers 984 19))