Subject: bug#64985: 29.1; [PATCH] Byte-compilation of packages via package-vc doesn't correctly handle .elpaignore wildcards

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 18:32:08 +0000

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 8/1/2023 10:29 AM, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
>> An alternative would be to match against
>> (mapconcat #'identity byte-compile-ignore-files "\\|") ...)
>
> Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm not sure if this would be better
> than using 'seq-some' though; if anyone else has strong opinions on
> this, I'm happy to change the code to whatever the preferred
> implementation is. (I'm also not sure the specific implementation
> matters too much since I doubt this bit is a performance bottleneck.)

The mistake in my previous message was, that I was under the false
assumption that regexp-opt did what Mattias mentioned above (I guess the
reason is that I faintly remembered that the docstring of regexp-opt
mentions (mapconcat 'regexp-quote strings "\\|"), and for some reason I
belive the 'regexp-quote was an 'identity).

In that case we should certainly apply a patch along the lines of what
you suggested, but I would prefer the mapconcat approach, if anything
because of the micro-optimisation of avoiding the overhead for the
generic seq call and having the create and apply closure over and over
again.  Not sure if this counts as a strong preference, but it certainly
is a preference.