Subject: bug#64978: 29.1.50; C-g doesn't produce sound on PGTK

From: Daan Ro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 23:09:00 +0700

1. `emacs -Q`
2. Press "C-g"

Expected: Emacs beeps, like the X build.
Observed: silence.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.17.8)
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation=aot --sysconfdir=/etc
--prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-tree-sitter
--localstatedir=/var --with-cairo --disable-build-details
--with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd --with-modules
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64-v3 -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -mpclmul -g
-ffile-prefix-map=/startdir/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto
-falign-functions=32'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now,-z,pack-relative-relocs
-flto=auto -falign-functions=32' 'CXXFLAGS=-march=x86-64-v3 -O3 -pipe
-fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat
-Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
-mpclmul -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -g
-ffile-prefix-map=/startdir/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto
-falign-functions=32''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental
Minor modes in effect:
global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
winner-mode: t
minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
cua-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
fido-vertical-mode: t
icomplete-vertical-mode: t
icomplete-mode: t
fido-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr
warnings rx cl-seq cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile emacs-my-q
display-line-numbers winner ring mb-depth savehist recentf tree-widget
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes cl-macs gv pcase subr-x cus-edit pp
cus-start cus-load icons wid-edit delsel cua-base elec-pair icomplete
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 190446 7044)
(symbols 48 12347 0)
(strings 32 29785 2145)
(string-bytes 1 935143)
(vectors 16 18362)
(vector-slots 8 372540 13988)
(floats 8 80 19)
(intervals 56 419 0)
(buffers 984 12))

Daanturo