Subject: bug#64969: closed (Re: bug#64969: 30.0.50: Stipple broken with PGTK)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 00:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64969: 30.0.50: Stipple broken with PGTK

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64969: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64969
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64969: 30.0.50: Stipple broken with PGTK
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 08:14:01 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] writes:

> Yes! That change fixed it.
>
> I verified the above elisp expression (in fundamental mode) both in a
> "bare emacs" (emacs -q) and in my own config. The behaviour is now
> exactly as expected.
>
> It also works well with the indent-bars[1] package.
>
> Thanks so much for the very fast fix.
>
> /M
>
> [1]: https://github.com/jdtsmith/indent-bars

I'm closing this bug then, thanks.

Subject: 30.0.50: Stipple broken with PGTK
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:05:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The code

(let* ((w (window-font-width))
       (stipple `(,w 1 ,(apply #'unibyte-string
			       (append (make-list (1- (/ (+ w 7) 
			       8)) ?\0)
				       '(1))))))
  (insert "\n" (propertize (concat  (make-string 15 ?\s)
				    "THIS IS A TEST"
				    (make-string 15 ?\s))
                           'face `(:background "red" :foreground 
                           "blue" :stipple ,stipple))))

doesn't have the expected result, i.e. the text is not blue on red 
background.

More information leading to this report can be found at 
https://github.com/jdtsmith/indent-bars/issues/3

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-26 built on elostirion
Repository revision: 04a930a08ce80d8dcc123f86a3f153f23ec31a29
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
 --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt 
 --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-native-compilation=aot
 --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no
 --with-xwidgets --with-tree-sitter --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt 
 -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now
 'CXXFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt 
 -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection 
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY 
PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-seq 
cl-macs
gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile emacsbug message 
mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec 
password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail 
rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl 
tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks 
lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list 
replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar 
menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse 
jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer 
nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop 
case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded 
button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting 
system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80510 12708) (symbols 48 7353 0) (strings 32 19778 
2015)
 (string-bytes 1 592396) (vectors 16 15046)
 (vector-slots 8 285882 20727) (floats 8 27 63) (intervals 56 451 
 8)
 (buffers 984 12))