Subject: Re: 23 tests fail (over 7 files) on i686-linux

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 23:59:19 +0200

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen writes:

Hi...

So, I goofed-up a bit here.  Because test suite took ages to run on by
32bit iron, I tried taking the --system=i686-linux shortcut.  That
doesn't work....

> which yield 23 test failures in these files
>
> FAIL: tests/containers
> FAIL: tests/packages
> FAIL: tests/syscalls
> FAIL: tests/texlive
> FAIL: tests/guix-home
> FAIL: tests/guix-environment
> FAIL: tests/guix-environment-container

Most, if not all, of these are "syscall not supported" because of
running an i686-linux test suite on a x86_64-linux system.  Doh'

My latest observation is that Josselin's fixes work for i686-linux,
except for breaking store-roots, and that tests/inferior.scm hangs (see
make check log attached).  After a couple of hours into make check, I
did a `pkill guile' and it continued with tests/lint.scm.

The tests/inferior.log file was empty.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com