Subject: bug#6493:

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:18:57 -0700

> > "Returns point or mark, whichever is larger."
> 
> How about this (for region-end):
> 
> "Returns point or mark, whichever is larger.
> The returned value is the position of the end of the region 
> as an integer."

The end of the region is always a position, so no need to speak of the position
of the end of the region.

We don't really need to say that a number is returned, as opposed to a marker.
"Point" is a position, which is a number (natnump). "Mark" is more ambiguous -
it is sometimes referred to as a marker and sometimes as the position of that
marker.  So it's probably good to mention that a number is returned, even if not
really necessary. (We also need not specify what kind of number, since it is a
position, but that doesn't hurt either.) 

"Returns the larger of point or mark, as a nonnegative integer."

We can add that the function "raises an error if the mark is not set".