Subject: Re: bug#64921: 13.2.1; Infinite loop in LaTeX-arg-biblatex-cites with RefTeX

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 11:48:53 -0300

Hi Keita,

On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 at 03:18, Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Thank you for suggestion. Does the attached patch give you good results?
>

It behaves the same as `reftex-citation`, so it looks good to me.
Thank you very much!

> (By the way, the reason that "q"/"C-g" deletes the trace of the previous
> input is that `TeX-insert-macro' introduced `atomic-change-group' a year
> ago[1].)

I see. The thread does not actually cover the reason for the change,
but it makes sense. Also, I don't know why "q" (`reftex-select-quit')
counts as "abnormal exit" or if it really should, given that now
`TeX-insert-macro' uses `atomic-change-group'. But, given the patch
you provided, the difference is arguably inconsequential (at least for
the case at hand).

Best regards,
Gustavo.