Subject: bug#6492: 24.0.50; Scroll bar in minibuffer window doesn't scroll.

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:37:35 +0200

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

./emacs -Q
C-x C-f C-q C-j 1 C-q C-j 2 (...and so on...) C-q C-j 14

Scroll bar now shows that it can be dragged.  But dragging on it has
no effect:
Native scroll bar:  Totally ignores mouse clicks and drags
Toolkit scroll bar (Gtk+, Xaw3d): Slider can be dragged but window
   does not scroll.  Steppers can be clicked, but window does not scroll.

Emacs 22, 23.1 and 23.2 also doesn't scroll.  I don't have any older version.
Maybe it is time to remove scroll bars from the minibuffer window?

       Jan D.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/opt/emacs-cvs/share/emacs/24.0.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
  of 2010-06-22 on gaffa
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/emacs-cvs' '--verbose' 
'--enable-asserts' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no' 
'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> M-x r e p o r t
- e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)