Subject: Re: bug#64906: 'guix shell -D po4a' fails (texlive-font-maps.drv build failure)

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 02:00:30 +0200

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> While attempting to hack on po4a I've found 'guix shell -D po4a' would
> fail like so:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> Transcript written on: {/tmp/texlive/share/texmf-dist}/../texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log
> updmap: updating ls-R files.
> `/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz9-texlive-font-maps/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap/kanjix.map' -> `/tmp/texlive/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap/kanjix.map'
> Backtrace:
>           16 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/b76nnrqi8g418ibr8i2h113wz2z?")
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>     619:8 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7ffff77?> ?) ?) ?) ?))
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    475:33 14 (loop _ _ #(25 307354922 16877 1 999 30000 0 20 # # # ?) ?)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>    460:18 13 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50b7660 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
> In unknown file:
>           12 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b98990 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    475:33 11 (loop _ _ #(25 307354925 16877 1 999 30000 0 6 # # # ?) ?)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>    460:18 10 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50b72a0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
> In unknown file:
>            9 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b98510 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    475:33  8 (loop _ _ #(25 307354926 16877 1 999 30000 0 38 # # # ?) ?)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>    460:18  7 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50cfdc0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
> In unknown file:
>            6 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b5cf00 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    475:33  5 (loop _ _ #(25 307354931 16877 1 999 30000 0 12 # # # ?) ?)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>    460:18  4 (fold #<procedure 7ffff50cf9a0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:475:38?> ?)
> In unknown file:
>            3 (_ #<procedure 7ffff4b5c900 at ice-9/ftw.scm:477:44 ()> ?)
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    505:39  2 (loop _ _ #(25 307354932 16877 1 999 30000 0 20 # # # ?) ?)
> In guix/build/utils.scm:
>    454:27  1 (_ "/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz9-texliv?" ?)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (copy-file "/gnu/store/rlbyrr5rnsmfi0aani1ibkrlszp7xiz?" ?)
>
> ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
> In procedure copy-file: Permission denied
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I'm not sure if or how this problem is related to the other TexLive
> issues recently discovered.

This should be fixed in commit e43cbeafd1b632f39b08b3644af5230d5350a656.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou