Subject: Re: bug#6490: 24.0.50; src/lread.c: old style backquote bug?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:54:44 +0200

Makoto Fujiwara <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan> officially obsolete since Emacs-22.1), I'll wait to see actual cases
> Stefan> before adding such exceptions,
>
> You may found the typical example in flim-1.14.9/md4.el
>
>      90 (defmacro md4-make-step (name func)
>      91   (`

Was there a decision made to just not support old-style "(`\n"
backquotes?  Reading the code, it looks like the "(` " style was added
back, but not the more extensive

ch == ' ' || ch == '\t' || ch == '\n' || ch == '\r' || ch == '\f' || ch == '('

list suggested.  If the decision was to not support this, since all
support for old-style backquotes are scheduled to be removed in Emacs
25, this bug report can be closed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/