Subject: bug#64897: 29.0.91; Bug (and patch) in find-dired-with-command

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 05:50:21 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> What if you set instead
>
> (setq find-ls-option
>       (setq find-ls-option-default-exec
>             '("-exec ls -abdhl {} +" . "-abdhl")))

-N is the ls option I would want: it suppresses quoting entirely,
apparently without breaking anything.

But I still don't understand why that was not necessary before your
change.

Note that for some users the default value of `find-ls-option' can have
a form like above (AFAIU when the installed `find` executable does not
support the -ls option - see the definition).  These users will also
have this problem.  I tested this with emacs -Q: if the

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(eq 0
  (ignore-errors
    (process-file find-program nil nil nil null-device "-ls")))
#+end_src

test fails, you get the problem without changing any variable (Bug).

Do you want to care about this, or should I open a separate bug report,
or reopen this one?

Regards,

Michael.