Subject: bug#64897: 29.0.91; Bug (and patch) in find-dired-with-command

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 03:17:00 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> find . \( -name \*\ \* \) -exec ls -adhl \{\} +
>
> which returns indeed quoted file names as you have shown. What if you
> set instead
>
> (setq find-ls-option
>       (setq find-ls-option-default-exec
>             '("-exec ls -abdhl {} +" . "-abdhl")))

Then the quotes are completely gone.

Obviously I don't want to need use -b however, since the escaped space
chars in the file names add a lot of noise.

I don't understand what is going on.  I tried to compare the situations
before and after the patch.  In both cases the `call-process' parameters
are more or less the same.  The process sentinels already seem to
receive different strings (one time without, the other time including
the quotes) - so seems it's not about sentinels.

Michael.