Subject: bug#64872: guix pull: texlive-hyphen-complete: build failed (was: "guix pull: po4a: build failed")

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 18:16:04 +0100

Artyom Poptsov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Besides, I run GNU Guix on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.
> Please find my SystemD Guix service attached.
>
> As you can see, I'm using a substitution service through Yggdrasil
> network: http://ci.guix.ygg.trop.in
> Also there's a proxy server configured.

The downloading of the nar will pass through the proxy you've got
configured, so I guess that could be involved.

I've now pushed a change to the code for downloading these nars so that
it outputs errors that it encounters. If you've got a checkout of
guix.git, you'll need to pull then do:

  ./pre-inst-env guix build -S texlive-hyphen-complete

or:

  ./pre-inst-env guix build --check -S texlive-hyphen-complete

Hopefully that output will include information about why the nar
couldn't be downloaded from bordeaux. You could also try configuring
wget to use the same proxy and trying the download that way.