Subject: bug#64859: 30.0.50; Eglot: codeAction.resolveSupport capability is incorrect

From: Matan Peled <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 18:01:12 +0300

I'm using a recent snapshot build.

When trying to use Eglot on Rust code (with the rust-analyzer LSP
server), it crashes complaining about the InitializationOptions message
being misformed.

This is due to this commit:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el?id=3b7273f4ae3623962c5d5fdc922a62af1136f448

resolveSupport is supposed to be a list, not a boolean, see here:
https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/specifications/lsp/3.17/specification/#textDocument_codeAction

I'm not sure what properties Eglot supports here, so I'm not certain on
what the correction should be.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-07-11, unofficial emacs-snapshot
 build: http://emacs.secretsauce.net built on fatty
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-native-compilation
 --with-pop=yes --with-tree-sitter
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-native-compilation --with-pop=yes --with-tree-sitter
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-imagemagick --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-C4ag1V/emacs-snapshot-20230711+emacs-28.2-166010-g04710bd01b2=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -fno-omit-frame-pointer'
 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IL
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  all-the-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mip/.emacs.d/lisp/capnp-mode hides
/home/mip/.emacs.d/elpa/capnp-mode-20210707.2310/capnp-mode
/home/mip/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230723.1411/transient hides
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug rust-ts-mode c-ts-common misearch
multi-isearch recentf tree-widget magit-bookmark bookmark eglot
external-completion jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat
all-the-icons-ivy-rich all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons ivy-rich counsel swiper timezone texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs toolbar-x reporter desktop frameset context plain-tex
auctex-latexmk latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake tex-ispell
tex-style tex dbus xml texmathp elpy-rpc elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django elpy-refactor hideshow cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load
wid-edit python treesit pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util forge-list forge-commands
forge-semi forge-bitbucket forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab
glab forge-github forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic yaml parse-time iso8601 bug-reference forge-post forge-repo
forge forge-core forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql
emacsql-compiler eieio-base buck ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util files-x vc-git vc-dispatcher
skeleton ibuf-macs find-dired loaddefs-gen radix-tree tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode mm-archive mule-util network-stream url-cache
display-line-numbers facemenu two-column rainbow-mode keys user-macros
quick-yes display zenburn-theme settings rustic-flycheck
rustic-spellcheck rustic-expand rustic-lsp rustic-playground
rustic-rustfix rustic-racer rustic-babel rustic-rustfmt org-element
org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
rustic-comint rustic-clippy rustic-doc xdg f f-shortdoc rustic-popup
rustic-cargo rustic-compile spinner xterm-color markdown-mode
edit-indirect noutline outline rustic-interaction rustic rust-utils
rust-mode ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub url-http url-gw nsm url-auth
let-alist gnutls magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor shell pcomplete server magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section format-spec cursor-sensor crm compat powerline
powerline-separators powerline-themes amx s ivy delsel ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color go-mode ffap nyan-mode flycheck find-func dash
company-quickhelp pos-tip diminish company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company find-file-in-project advice ido windmove diff-mode
find-lisp dired dired-loaddefs find-file projectile project lisp-mnt
grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt latex-pretty-symbols edmacro
kmacro jka-compr whitespace custom-functions auto-compile comp comp-cstr
warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf 0xc-autoloads
all-the-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads amx-autoloads
auctex-latexmk-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
auto-compile-autoloads capnp-mode-autoloads clang-format+-autoloads
clang-format-autoloads company-coq-autoloads company-math-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads counsel-projectile-autoloads
counsel-autoloads diminish-autoloads elpy-autoloads company-autoloads
find-file-in-project-autoloads forge-autoloads closql-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads ghub-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
ivy-rich-autoloads kotlin-mode-autoloads latex-pretty-symbols-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads math-symbol-lists-autoloads nyan-mode-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads powerline-autoloads projectile-autoloads
proof-general-autoloads proof-site proof-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads rustic-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
f-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads
tide-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
s-autoloads dash-autoloads transient-autoloads treepy-autoloads
vue-mode-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads ssass-mode-autoloads
vue-html-mode-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads
yaml-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads zenburn-theme-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2662645 491256) (symbols 48 59074 1) (strings 32 456025 48066)
 (string-bytes 1 23676859) (vectors 16 147324) (vector-slots 8 2278070 131926)
 (floats 8 1528 9678) (intervals 56 200832 371) (buffers 984 40))