Subject: bug#64858: ~guix shell -C -f guix.scm …~ should not always need ~--rebuild-cache~ option to build the expected environment.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:38:36 -0800

Hi Ludo'

On Wed, Nov 22 2023, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Oooh.  So there were really two bugs:

Sorry I commingled them! I read through many bug report in hope of being
economical.

My hijacking worked out fine, I hope, since Pierre-Henry's report was
resolved at the same time.

I understand Pierre-Henry's use case now.

> It seems to do the right thing now.  Let me know what you think!

Thank you! The fixes look good. I am sure they will help many people.

Personally, I won't be able to test for a while. Updating my system
takes thirty hours because it needs a fixed eudev. The patch is tiny [1]
but not universally accepted as the best solution.

Also, the HEAD in Git doesn't always build. I update every two months.

Thank you for the quick fix!

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63508#24