Subject: bug#64851: 30.0.50; mode-line right align and vertical scroll-bars

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 08:06:11 -0300

emacs -Q:
(scroll-bar-mode 0)
(setq-default mode-line-format '(""
                                 mode-line-format-right-align
                                 mode-line-position))
Visit a very large file like xdisp.c and move to eob.
The line number get truncated.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-19 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: f9f9c95ab578dee680093cf3f1e618c770fc22c3
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation --without-libsystemd
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  meow-global-mode: t
  meow-mode: t
  meow-normal-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-consult-0.7/embark-org hides /home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-0.22.1/embark-org
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.4.1/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring emacsbug
message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr warnings icons
rx savehist vertico compat init shackle trace easy-mmode cl-macs
cl-extra help-mode meow meow-tutor meow-cheatsheet
meow-cheatsheet-layout meow-core meow-shims delsel meow-esc meow-command
array meow-beacon kmacro byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile meow-thing
meow-visual pcase meow-keypad meow-helpers meow-util color subr-x
meow-keymap meow-face meow-var gv saveplace cl-seq cl-loaddefs cl-lib
mb-depth elec-pair g3r-light-theme info aggressive-indent-autoloads
autothemer-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
fontify-face-autoloads kkp-autoloads kurecolor-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads meow-autoloads naysayer-theme-autoloads
orderless-autoloads outshine-autoloads outorg-autoloads popper-autoloads
prism-autoloads dash-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
streamlink-autoloads s-autoloads transient-autoloads
transpose-frame-autoloads vertico-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
compat-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 127033 119570) (symbols 48 10364 5)
 (strings 32 32922 11935) (string-bytes 1 1067480) (vectors 16 19305)
 (vector-slots 8 396555 135015) (floats 8 122 301)
 (intervals 56 508 120) (buffers 984 12))

-- 
German Pacenza