Subject: Re: bug#64834: 28.2; Auctex fails to load properly

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:31:42 +0200

Roger Lipsett <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Roger,

> You are correct; that was not the cause of the problem; I wrote you
> all too early. In fact, after lots of experimentation, it appears that
> if I try to load-package auctex in a standard emacs server (that is,
> after loading my init.el file), things fail as described above, while
> if I load it in an emacs -q session, everything works properly.

That means, the culprit is in your init file, maybe popping in only in
combination with the emacs server.  To remove the "maybe", does it work
when just starting emacs (with no server but also not with -q)?  Also,
does "emacs --debug-init" show some error?

> I can definitely reproduce this behavior. So my environment is now
> where I want it to be.

You want an error when using the server?

> But if you want more information (such as my init files), I'm happy to
> provide it.

Yes, please.

Bye,
Tassilo