Subject: bug#64834: 28.2; Auctex fails to load properly

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:25:54 +0200

Roger Lipsett <[email-masked]> writes:

> So first, apologies for being a moron.

:-)

> I had an old version of auctex in an Aquamacs directory that was
> apparently being used instead, and I had migrated off of Aquamacs and
> onto Emacs recently as well. I've removed all files that I can find
> referring to Aquamacs from my box. So now that appears to work.

That's still strange.  M-x list-load-path-shadows RET is meant to
uncover exactly this issue.

> However (and this is a separate problem, but I'd appreciate advice)
> when I start an emacs server, I get the message "Invalid image type
> 'svg'"; the server crashes but I'm still left with an editable file in
> the buffer. This happens with emacs -q as well.

As Eli said, it appears your emacs has no SVG image support.  You can
check with M-: (image-type-available-p 'svg) RET.  Of course, it would
be interesting to know why emacs wants to display some SVG.  Does M-x
toggle-debug-on-error RET before staring the server reveal who wants to
show the SVG?

Bye,
Tassilo