Subject: Re: bug#64830: 30.0.50 C++ treesitter mode no coloration

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 15:01:59 +0300

> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 19:50:43 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> 
> > We support grammar libraries in ~/.emacs.d/tree-sitter so that users
> > could easily install versions of grammar libraries different from what
> > their sysadmins decide to install.
> 
> Ah, OK.  Seems like a good reason.
> 
> How about outputting a message looking something like this:
> 
>     Loading /home/acm/.emacs.d/tree-sitter/libtree-sitter.so ....Done
> 
> ..  This wouldn't get in the way, yet might well prevent some of the
> problems I've been having over the last few days.

As a diagnostic tool, by default off, maybe.  Annoying everyone with
this message, when it will almost always be redundant, doesn't sound
like TRT to me.

And note that in the usual case, when the grammar library is loaded
from a system-wide directory of shared libraries, Emacs doesn't even
know the absolute file name of the library, just its base name.