Subject: bug#64830: 30.0.50 C++ treesitter mode no coloration

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 08:25:34 +0300

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 17:35:05 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hello, Emacs.
> 
> In my emacs-30 build (updated earlier today), C++ source in c++-ts-mode
> is not getting fontified, except for comments and preprocessor
> constructs.

I cannot reproduce this, at least not with a random C++ source file I
tried to.  Does this happen for you in "emacs -Q" and for every C++
file?

If this happens with any file and in 'emacs -Q", do you see redisplay
error messages in *Messages*?  If so, what are those messages?

> I think I'm using tree-sitter-cpp version 0.22.2 as downloaded from the
> Gentoo repository.  Is there an easy way to check this from inside
> Emacs?

No, not AFAIK.  And the problem is not the version of tree-sitter, it
is usually the version of the C++ grammar library.  Do you know the
version of that one you have installed?

> This would appear to be bug 64818/64830, which are still open in
> debbugs.  Shouldn't they be closed before the first/next emacs-30
> pretest?

Those bugs were fixed.  The reason they are not closed is that we
raised a more general issue there, and that is not yet resolved.