Subject: bug#64827: texlive is broken

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 13:54:58 +0200

Am Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 10:48:16PM +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> I don't know if the monolithic texlive from the wip branch does, but the
> current monolithic `texlive' can be installed without fuss alongside
> `texlive-biber'. I don't expect additional issues with `texlive' from
> the "wip" branch, tho.

This was the starting point of the bug report; for instance
   guix shell texlive texlive-biber
does not work, since having a package named "texlive-..." triggers the
texlive font map creation profile hook, which does not work with the
monolithic texlive.

Interestingly, it does seem to work with my new monolithic texlive and
texlive-biber.

Hm, it also works on the master branch; so this has apparently been solved
between commit 56667ee55cd7f3368cbff169352fe440f4f93da5 of ten days ago
and now.

Okay then, fine to remove biber again!

Andreas