Subject: Re: bug#64827: texlive is broken

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 23:21:23 +0200

Hello again,

Am Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 09:51:49PM +0200 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> Would it be feasible to revert these commits, or is everything too
> mixed now?

I confirm that going back to commit
   0561616a3208aa17fe5b1f9c425c44fe00218b08 ,
which is one before
   19fd1004138b60c4479d7516aa0cee261c0b6b57
results in a working monolithic texlive, with texmf-dist in the user
profile being a symlink to the corresponding directory of texlive,
itself a symlink to the corresponding directory of texlive-texmf;
and similarly for texmf-var.

However,
   ./pre-inst-env guix shell --container --pure -D texlive
still does not work any more. It prints
   building TeX Live font maps...
(which looks like something a monolithic texlive should not do),
and it shows conflicts such as between
  /gnu/store/y72v93b7f12nx8xq0ljwlzj9yn5b07vk-texlive-bin-20230313/share/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex/deweb.pl
  /gnu/store/l8g23z46mpzzbq7isnjk65vcx47i2cgf-texlive-texmf-20230313/share/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex/deweb.pl

I will go back in time (without exactly bisecting, just by gut feeling)
to find a commit where this command works.

Andreas