Subject: bug#64827: Acknowledgement (Texlive-biber not installable)

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 17:35:47 +0200

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 04:51:06PM +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
>> Would it be possible to remove the ".texlive2023" directory?
>
> Yes. Compilation works now, but I still cannot install texlive and
> texlive-biber concurrently, and the incredible slowness also remains.

As explained in another message, it may not be a good idea to install
`texlive' and `texlive-biber' concurrently. If it must be, I suggest to
install `texlive', `texlive-biber', _and_ `texlive-scheme-basic'. This
way, you get both monolithic and a valid modular TeX Live on your system
(`texlive-biber' alone does not make up for a valid modular TeX Live).

You seem to have some clues about the slowness; you reported there are
too many symlinks in monolithic TeX Live. This is not intended and
should be fixed.

HTH,

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou