Subject: bug#64823: closed (Re: bug#64824: 30.0.50; define-error not fontified in font-lock mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64824: 30.0.50; define-error in font-lock mode should be fontified

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64824: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64824
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64824: 30.0.50; define-error not fontified in font-lock mode
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 17:25:14 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 20:57:30 -0400
> 
> Sorry, I left some debug logging in the patch sent with the bug
> report.

Thanks, installed on the master branch, and closing the bug.

Please in the future format the commit log messages according to our
conventions (see CONTRIBUTE for the details).

Also, with this contribution you have exhausted the amount of code we
can accept from you without a copyright assignment.  Would you like to
start the assignment paperwork at this time, so that we could accept
more of your contributions without limitations?

Subject: 30.0.50; define-error in font-lock mode should be fontified
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 19:22:47 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In a buffer with emacs-lisp-mode active, 'define-error' is not fontified
by font-lock mode.  The keyword should be listed somewhere around line 360 in
emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.el.

Recipe:

- Start emacs
- Visit a file ending in .el
- Type: (define-error 'new-error "this is a new error")
- Wait for fontification to complete and notice it is not highlighted

In lisp-mode.el, there is a comment about constructs being updated
automatically from obarray, but I was not able to understand how this
happens, and thought maybe the comment is referring to symbols created
with those commands?

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-15 built on archlinux
Repository revision: c5fa58cbc4a33a0a65494b9ab2e35d4f30ab849b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  comint-fontify-input-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/nealsid/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230501.1034/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug make-mode descr-text dabbrev erts-mode
jka-compr apropos cc-langs grep mode-local re-builder mule-util
display-line-numbers ffap cus-edit cus-start wid-edit cl-print shortdoc
cl-indent inf-lisp help-fns radix-tree paredit magit-gitignore pcmpl-git
misearch multi-isearch vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view vc bug-reference pcmpl-unix sh-script smie treesit executable
ert pp ewoc debug backtrace sqlite flymake-proc flymake project cl
compile noutline outline lisp-mnt thingatpt find-func vc-git
vc-dispatcher magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode easy-mmode
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section format-spec
cursor-sensor crm dash compat compat-29 dired-aux mm-archive message
sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils which-func imenu files-x shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring deeper-blue-theme server
clarity-theme autorevert filenotify cus-load cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds windmove cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny comp
comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode epg rfc6068 epg-config
finder-inf ido color-theme-modern-autoloads dirtree-autoloads
elisp-autofmt-autoloads flycheck-autoloads ggtags-autoloads pcase
paredit-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads
windata-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2271743 440768) (symbols 48 42781 4)
 (strings 32 376192 15152) (string-bytes 1 13822104)
 (vectors 16 96038) (vector-slots 8 2449209 293184)
 (floats 8 233 9406) (intervals 56 236229 855) (buffers 984 70))