Subject: bug#64818: 30.0.50; c++-ts-mode highlight does not work

From: Wang Diancheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:49:06 +0800

Hi,

I use the latest tree-sitter and tree-sitter modules.
Only preprocessor instructions and comments are highlighted, please see attached
screenshot. BTW c-ts-mode highlight is OK.

Following are values of treesit-font-lock-feature-list and
treesit-font-lock-level:

treesit-font-lock-feature-list is a variable defined in ‘treesit.el’.

Its value is
((comment definition) (keyword preprocessor string type)
 (assignment constant escape-sequence label literal)
 (bracket delimiter error function operator property variable))
Local in buffer sql_select.cc; global value is nil

treesit-font-lock-level is a variable defined in ‘treesit.el’.

Its value is 3

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.12) of 2023-07-24 built on h4
Repository revision: 865817633f6e4b548c9d138fdf792394d021e2f5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: TencentOS Server 3.2 (Final)

Configured using:
 'configure CC=/usr/bin/gcc 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O2' CXX=/usr/bin/g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-g3 -O2''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++//

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 76872 12520) (symbols 48 7835 0) (strings 32 22549 1631)
 (string-bytes 1 812511) (vectors 16 14075)
 (vector-slots 8 195709 11372) (floats 8 28 263) (intervals 56 3811 0)
 (buffers 984 14))