Subject: Re: bug#64799: [PATCH] Add 'project-prompt-key' face

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:05:14 +0530

[வியாழன் ஜூலை 27, 2023] Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 26/07/2023 07:50, Protesilaos Stavrou wrote:
>> For my use, and Emacs 28+, I want this:
>>      (format "%s %s"
>>                 (propertize (key-description key) 'face 'project-prompt-key)
>>                 label)
>> The reason I mentioned the possibility of a user option is because
>> without the square brackets the bold face will not have the same effect
>> as the current design.  The square brackets help add structure and make
>> it easier to identify the keys.  The use of 'bold' without the square
>> brackets may make it more difficult for users to spot the keys.
>
> The change in format seems to go hand-in-hand with the change in face,
> though, because help-key-binding has a box already.
>
> Does this look good to everybody?

Sorry for replying so late.  I make help-key-binding look the same as
the default face, and now I can't distinguish the keys from the labels
anymore since the former aren't bold anymore.  :-(
Can there a way to get them back?  If you think it would be too ugly,
then I can locally patch the function.

[ FWIW, I liked the bold approach since it is similar to what
  read-multiple-choice does.  ]