Subject: Re: [bug#64798] [PATCH 110/209] gnu: grantlee: Update to 5.3.1.

From: Z572 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:11:37 +0800

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for all this work!
>
> Having one patch for each KDE package becomes quite unwieldy.
>
> I wonder whether we should not do something like I did for Qt in
> commit 2ac51ec99b58b50c08ba719a8c7e9dba0330b065 - introduce a global
> variable %kde-version (or local ones in each KDE module); this could be
> increased once and for all in one commit. If something fails, we could
> still use a separate version for single packages.
>
> Also my impression is that at some point in time, we did have this kind
> of variable.
>
> What do you think?

I think is good idea ,will try in next KDE update version, but qt is
submodule use same version, dependencies and tests are relatively fixed,
kde is more difference program use several identical versions, e.g. KDE
frameworks program version is 5.108.0, KDE Plasma program version is
5.27.6, other program version is 23.04.3, if update as sametime, maybe
need add more dependency and adjust test, else most of build/test will
failed, so it's a big patch.

(And won't the guix refresh stop working if i add %kde-version?)

> Andreas