Subject: bug#64795: 30.0.50; manual-entry [(1) fails

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 03:05:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> How about the patch below?

I think it works well now.

> -(defvar Man-name-regexp "[-[:alnum:]_+][-[:alnum:]_.:+]*"
> +(defvar Man-name-regexp "[-[:alnum:]_+[@][-[:alnum:]_.:+]*"
>    "Regular expression describing the name of a manpage (without section).")

And this also works well now.
  
>  (defvar Man-section-regexp "[0-9][a-zA-Z0-9+]*\\|[LNln]"
> @@ -937,7 +937,9 @@ Man-completion-table
>                           "-k" (concat (when (or Man-man-k-use-anchor
>                                                  (string-equal prefix ""))
>                                          "^")
> -                                      prefix))))
> +                                      (if (string-equal prefix "")
> +                                          prefix
> +                                        (shell-quote-argument prefix))))))

I wonder however: why did you add that `shell-quote-argument' wrapper?
I think there is no shell involved.  It doesn't seem to have an effect
here, but I'm not sure if there are not more problems possible like the
one involving the empty string.

Or do you expect that some people might set `manual-program' to
something involving a shell?

Thx,

Michael.