Subject: biber not in $PATH with texlive only

From: Julian Flake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 21:53:52 +0200

Hi,

according to your suggestion it would be sufficient to have 
"texlive" to have "all of texlive". Unfortunately, with "texlive" 
only, I don't have "biber" on my $PATH. Therefore I used to have 
"texlive-bibeer" in addition to "texlive" in my system 
configuration, which resulted in having "biber" on my $PATH in the 
past. Recently, my system reconfiguration fails with "texlive" + 
"texlive-biber". guix system recofigure succeeds with "texlive" + 
"texlive-biber" + "texlive-bin". I have the impression that this 
shouldn't be the way to go.

This is the failure (of building texlive-font-maps) during system 
reconfiguration with "texlive" + "texlive-biber" but without 
"texlive-bin":

$ zcat 
/var/log/guix/drvs/ki/wcw72gaag3yx84hl9vhkk3mdh2ny15-texlive-font-maps.drv.gz
Backtrace:
           3 (primitive-load 
           "/gnu/store/jrfjhxwfgsnazg7apkgcasqfrcq?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  2 (_ #f)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    140:2  1 (dynamic-wind #<procedure 7ffff77dcba0 at 
    ice-9/eval.s?> ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (chdir "/tmp/texlive/share/texmf-dist")

ERROR: In procedure chdir:
In procedure chdir: No such file or directory

Best Regards,
Julian Flake

-- 
Dipl.-Inf. Julian Flake

Universität Koblenz
Fachbereich Informatik
Institut für Softwaretechnik
Postfach 20 16 02 | D-56016 Koblenz

Tel.: +49 261 287 2787
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Website: https://www.uni-koblenz.de/~flake