Subject: Re: bug#64765: [PATCH] gnu: home: zsh: Also load enviroment in non-login shells

From: Saku Laesvuori <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 17:44:58 +0300

> > * gnu/home/services/shells.scm (zsh-file-zshenv): Add snippet to source
> > profiles.
> > (zsh-file-zprofile): Remove profile sourcing snippet.
> > (zsh-get-configuration-files): Always add .zshenv as it is never empty.
> > Check that .zprofile is not empty before adding it.
> > ---
> > The service incorrectly assumed that shells are either login shells or
> > started from another shell. For example, ssh with a command argument
> > starts shells that aren't login shells nor started from another shell.
> 
> Hello, this looks reasonable to me, only one question:
> Will ~/.guix-home/profile/etc/profile be sourced multiple times with
> duplicated search-path entries?  (eg: check 'env' in 'zsh' in 'zsh').

Yes, but I don't think it causes any problems aside from adding useless
data to the environment. This could be prevented by exporting
GUIX_PROFILE_SOURCED=1 or something similar and only sourcing profiles
if it isn't set.