Subject: Re: bug#64763: [PATCH] gnu: commencement: Use system in %final-inputs.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 17:02:24 +0200

Hi!

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Otherwise this causes odd issues, I presume arising from when %current-system
> differs from the system argument passed to %final-inputs.
>
> * gnu/packages/commencement.scm (%final-inputs): Set %current-system to
> system.

Please add a “Fixes …” line in the log.

>  gnu/packages/commencement.scm | 51 ++++++++++++++++++-----------------
>  1 file changed, 26 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)
>
> diff --git a/gnu/packages/commencement.scm b/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
> index fe6f025257..e522e70444 100644
> --- a/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
> +++ b/gnu/packages/commencement.scm
> @@ -3459,31 +3459,32 @@ (define-public %final-inputs

[...]

> +    (parameterize ((%current-system system))

LGTM!  I think that was definitely the intent of
0dd293b4d9095137c9952e16ca951f887b7e7018 (Cc’ing Josselin just in
case).

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: I believe the reason we cannot just write:

      (define/system-dependent %final-inputs …)

    is because we have two places where we do:

      (module-ref m '%final-inputs)

    which wouldn’t work if ‘%final-inputs’ were a macro, as is the case
    with ‘define/system-dependent’.