Subject: [bug#64755] [PATCH] gnu: git-modes -> emacs-git-modes.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:27:30 +0200

Am Freitag, dem 21.07.2023 um 00:49 +0400 schrieb Ahmad Draidi:
> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-git-modes): New variable.
> (git-modes): Deprecate variable.
> ---
> 
> This makes the package name consistent when installing it through
> 'guix package -i' and a variable name in a system declaration file
> (e.g. /etc/config.scm). It finishes the job in #29582.
> 
> Not sure if the deprecation method I used is optimal, since it brings
> back to life the package name 'git-modes'. However, putting 'emacs-
> git-modes' in 'old-name' causes 'warning: ambiguous package
> specification', as expected.
There is define-deprecated/public, as well as more idiomatic ways of
writing the commit message, i.e. 

gnu: Rename git-modes to emacs-git-modes.

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (git-modes): Deprecate and rename to…
(emacs-git-modes): … this.

Cheers