Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: webrtc-for-telegram-desktop: Update to a45d8b8

From: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 17:38:57 +0800

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply (in this thread).

On Sat, 05 Aug 2023 10:59:50 +0800,
Distopico wrote:
>
> * gnu/packages/telegram.scm (webrtc-for-telegram-desktop): Update to a45d8b8 revision commit
>
> Fixes `telegram-desktop` calls that are not working with OpenSSL 3.
> Now, `webrtc-for-telegram-desktop` uses sources from the Guix `libsrtp`
> package instead of the submodule in the `unpack-additional-sources` phase.
>
> see: https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop/issues/26108
>
> ---
> * gnu/packages/telegram.scm (webrtc-for-telegram-desktop): Update to a45d8b8 revision commit
>
> Fixes `telegram-desktop` calls that are not working with OpenSSL 3.
> Now, `webrtc-for-telegram-desktop` uses sources from the Guix `libsrtp`
> package instead of the submodule in the `unpack-additional-sources` phase.

Have you checked <https://github.com/desktop-app/tg_owt/pull/123>
(Unbundle libSRTP) yet?

`git grep include.*libsrtp' shows that `srtp_priv.h' is used, and it's
not present in [email-masked].  But since you have tested, I think it's
not an issue here.

For commit message, I think there's a 80-character limit and the long
sentences could be split into the [...] below as well.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
* gnu/packages/telegram.scm (...): ...
[snippet]: [...]
[#:phases]<unpack-additional-sources>: [...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

0-388.a45d8b8 can be used to describe the version if you prefer.

Patch LGTM, but if the aforementioned patch works, it's better to add
it.

Thanks