Subject: bug#64730: closed (Re: bug#64730: 30.0.50; Mark activation doesn't work after insert)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 10:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64730: 30.0.50; Mark activation doesn't work after insert

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64730: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64730
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64730: 30.0.50; Mark activation doesn't work after insert
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Bruno Boal <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:20:21 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Bruno Boal <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 09:28:48 +0100
> 
> 
> Thank you for such a quick and helpful reply.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; Mark activation doesn't work after insert
From: Bruno Boal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:17:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear maintainers,

I'm trying to evaluate the following snippet in emacs -Q, however as
soon as I try to insert a character, the region is not highlighted
anymore. `activate- mark' doesn't make it work either. Whereas
interactively with `exchange-point-and-mark' the region gets proper highlight.

       (progn
         (insert "")
         (push-mark (line-beginning-position) :no-message :activate))

       (progn
         (insert "a")
         (push-mark (line-beginning-position) :no-message :activate))

All the best,
Bruno Boal

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
 scroll bars) of 2023-06-18 built on bb-hp-tiny
Repository revision: 1b0348d95934a66d9991a7331ab55e1b9a6c1367
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-xaw3d --without-cairo --with-sound=no
 --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11
XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_PT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_PT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_PT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix