Subject: bug#64724: 30.0.50; Inconsistency between manual, comments in the code, and implementation of point adjustment

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 09:57:51 -0400

2nd try!

        Stefan

diff --git a/doc/lispref/commands.texi b/doc/lispref/commands.texi
index 037f42124cc..ae379c664d4 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/commands.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/commands.texi
@@ -1253,12 +1253,13 @@ Adjusting Point
 @cindex @code{display} property, and point display
 @cindex @code{composition} property, and point display
 
-  Emacs cannot display the cursor when point is in the middle of a
-sequence of text that has the @code{display} or @code{composition}
-property, or is invisible.  Therefore, after a command finishes and
-returns to the command loop, if point is within such a sequence, the
-command loop normally moves point to the edge of the sequence, making this
-sequence effectively intangible.
+  When a sequence of text has the @code{display} or @code{composition}
+property, or is invisible, there can be several buffer positions that
+result in the cursor being displayed at same place on the screen.
+Therefore, after a command finishes and returns to the command loop,
+if point is in such a sequence, the command loop normally moves point
+to one of the two edges of the sequence, making this sequence
+effectively intangible.
 
   A command can inhibit this feature by setting the variable
 @code{disable-point-adjustment}: