Subject: bug#64718: 29.0.92; [PATCH] Use 'e.g.' in admin/notes/bugtracker

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 23:13:29 +0200

Hi all,

this is a small change in admin/notes/bugtracker turning all occurrences
of eg into e.g.  This change is against the release branch.

Best, Arash
>From 0fc2daadacc0294b4183ea2ec7dadca32a4f962c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 23:07:01 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ; * admin/notes/bugtracker: Use 'e.g.' throughout the
 document.

---
 admin/notes/bugtracker | 17 +++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/admin/notes/bugtracker b/admin/notes/bugtracker
index deb06f552cc..d1edad17177 100644
--- a/admin/notes/bugtracker
+++ b/admin/notes/bugtracker
@@ -39,7 +39,7 @@ tags 123 moreinfo|unreproducible|wontfix|patch|notabug
 
 For a list of all bugs, see https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lemacs.html
 This is a static page, updated once a day.  There is also a dynamic
-list, generated on request. This accepts various options, eg to see
+list, generated on request. This accepts various options, e.g. to see
 the most recent bugs:
 
 https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=100
@@ -138,7 +138,8 @@ The "maintainer email address" is "[email-masked]" in most cases.
 
 ** To not get acknowledgment mail from the tracker,
 add an "X-Debbugs-No-Ack:" header (with any value).  If you use Gnus,
-you can add an element to gnus-posting-styles to do this automatically, eg:
+you can add an element to gnus-posting-styles to do this automatically,
+e.g.:
 
 ("gnu-emacs\\(-pretest\\)?-bug"
    ("X-Debbugs-No-Ack" "yes"))
@@ -222,7 +223,7 @@ Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked], person-who-closed
 ** Setting bug parameters.
 There are two ways to set the parameters of bugs in the database
 (tags, severity level, etc).  When you report a new bug, you can
-provide a "pseudo-header" at the start of the report, eg:
+provide a "pseudo-header" at the start of the report, e.g.:
 
 Package: emacs
 Version: 23.0.60
@@ -258,7 +259,7 @@ where VERSION is XX.YY numerical version number, like 42.1.
 *** To reopen a closed bug:
 reopen 123
 
-*** Bugs can be tagged in various ways (eg wontfix, patch, etc).
+*** Bugs can be tagged in various ways (e.g. wontfix, patch, etc).
 The available tags are:
 patch wontfix moreinfo unreproducible fixed notabug help security confirmed easy
 See https://debbugs.gnu.org/Developer#tags
@@ -310,7 +311,7 @@ This will add a usertag "any-tag-you-like" to bug#1234.  The tag will
 be associated with the user "emacs".  If you omit the first line,
 the tag will be associated with your email address.
 
-The syntax of the usertags command is the same as that of tags (eg wrt
+The syntax of the usertags command is the same as that of tags (e.g. wrt
 the optional [=+-] argument).
 
 b) In an initial submission, in the pseudo-header:
@@ -340,12 +341,12 @@ than one email address, but it does not seem to work for me.)
 **** To find bugs tagged with a specific usertag:
 
 This works just like a normal tags search, but with the addition of a
-"users" field.  Eg:
+"users" field.  E.g.:
 
 https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?users=emacs;tag=calendar
 
 *** To merge bugs:
-Eg when bad replies create a bunch of new bugs for the same report.
+E.g. when bad replies create a bunch of new bugs for the same report.
 Bugs must all be in the same state (e.g. same package(s) and severity
 -- see 'reassign' and 'severity' below), but need not have the same
 tags (tags are merged). E.g.:
@@ -557,7 +558,7 @@ debbugs-submit.  Approved mail is passed on to the tracker.
 tracker, since mail from whitelisted senders goes straight through.)
 
 NOTE: An alternative to this would be to use listhelper AT nongnu.org
-as a moderator address.  Eg the emacs-bug-tracker list uses this.
+as a moderator address.  E.g. the emacs-bug-tracker list uses this.
 It does basic spam processing on the moderator requests and
 automatically rejects the obviously bogus ones.  Someone still has to
 accept the good ones though.  The advantage of this would not be having
-- 
2.41.0