Subject: Re: [bug#64711] [PATCH 37/43] gnu: glib: Disable tests for the Hurd.

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 18:32:37 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler writes:

> Am Dienstag, dem 18.07.2023 um 16:40 +0200 schrieb Janneke
> Nieuwenhuizen:
>> * gnu/packages/glib.scm (glib)[arguments]: When building for the
>> Hurd,
>> set #:tests? to #false.

[..]
>> +      #:tests? (not (target-hurd?))

>> compiled

> Instead of disabling tests altogether, can we just disable those that
> fail on the Hurd?

We probably can, and I have tried to do so in most cases.  However,
identifying those tests can be quite time consuming.  I'm not sure how
many tests failed here, and note that some tests will hang or crash the
Hurd, so if we decide to do this, I would appreciate some help :-)

Ludo on the other hand, argued against having more than ~20 (IIRC) test
exceptions and using #:tests? #f instead.

My idea was to get guix to build natively, and guix pull to work.  Once
we get those to work, we can possibly look forward to more contributors
to this.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com