Subject: Re: bug#64696: 30.0.50; indent-to inherits preceding text properties, including 'invisible

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 14:49:51 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:18:16 +0000
> 
> (Side note: Is there a way to track commits related to a bug report? I
> saw this change by sheer luck.)

Every change that is related to some bug report, be it a change in
documentation or in the code, should mention the bug number in the
commit log message (if the committer doesn't forget).  In this case,
the change was so far away of the issue of the bug that I decided not
to mention the bug.

However, I did say:

> I've now reworded that part.

which should have hinted on the fact that some change of the doc
string was installed.

> >> 4. "... , as are display properties and invisible text"
> >> 
> >>    What about other properties? Like 'line-prefix. Maybe "all the text
> >>    properties are ignored"?
> >
> > line-prefix doesn't affect the width of the string itself.
> 
> Then, there is a bug in `string-pixel-width':

Possibly.  Please submit a separate bug report, and someone will look
into it.