Subject: bug#64682: [PATCH] eglot.el: Avoid premature bailout in eglot-imenu

From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:09:26 +0000

Tags: patch

On current master branch, running M-: (eglot-imenu) in buffers 
using LSP servers supporting the textDocument/documentSymbol 
request always results in an early exit since the server 
capability is NOT named "textDocument/documentSymbol", but rather 
"documentSymbolProvider".

This patch corrects that, so that now (eglot-imenu) works as 
expected.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, 
cairo
version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Repository revision: c5fa58cbc4a33a0a65494b9ab2e35d4f30ab849b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101008
System Description: NixOS 23.11 (Tapir)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/rl8pgvclyashprbz6xr84x6l0n9q37l2-emacs-git-20230715.0
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation 
 --with-tree-sitter'
>From d340d56e006d7cbb047d966fa117994c6d93e13f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 05:04:28 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] eglot.el: Avoid premature bailout in eglot-imenu

* lisp/progmodes/eglot.el (eglot-imenu): Declare the correct name of
the server capability providing textDocument/documentSymbol.

Without this change, eglot-imenu always aborts even when used with
servers supporting textDocument/documentSymbol.
---
 lisp/progmodes/eglot.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
index 8ac21638a5b..1df3a8844f8 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
@@ -3367,7 +3367,7 @@ eglot--imenu-DocumentSymbol
 (cl-defun eglot-imenu ()
   "Eglot's `imenu-create-index-function'.
 Returns a list as described in docstring of `imenu--index-alist'."
-  (unless (eglot--server-capable :textDocument/documentSymbol)
+  (unless (eglot--server-capable :documentSymbolProvider)
     (cl-return-from eglot-imenu))
   (let* ((res (eglot--request (eglot--current-server-or-lose)
                               :textDocument/documentSymbol
-- 
2.41.0