Subject: bug#6467: 23.2; arc-mode hosed with zip files

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:40:47 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:54:50 +0300
> 
> > Am I the only one with this problem?
> >
> > If this happens for everyone else on Windows, I tend to disable the
> > quoting on DOS and Windows platforms, since being unable to display
> > files with unusual names is less problematic than being unable to
> > display _any_ file.
> 
> This is a known problem.  Please see bug#6144.

I don't see any way of fixing this, except to not quote on DOS and
Windows platforms.  It looks like having such file names in zip
archives on Windows is asking for trouble anyway, as unzip.exe itself
does not support them even from the command line.

Objections, anyone?