Subject: Re: bug#64652: 28.2; Adding a property bug on Windows 11

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 08:03:45 +0300

> From: Senki Jun <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 23:09:54 +0300
> Cc: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> The versions after 25.3 have 2 bugs that is Windows 11 specific. (no problems on windows 10 or
> linux)
> 
> 1) Adding a property
> 2) Unable to create a clock report

Please show recipes for each of these.  I use Org very little, so
"create a clock report" doesn't help me reproduce the issue.

(Frankly, I have hard time believing there could be Windows-specific
bugs in handling properties and regexp search, which is why I thought
the Org developers should look at this first, and explain what core
feature seemingly fails in these cases.  But if Ihor thinks it's
definitely a core bug,, I cannot do anything with these reports
without a complete recipe starting from "emacs -Q".)

> The latest version that doesn't give these errors is Emacs version 25.3  
> Wanted to tell clock report bug as well in case they might have the same cause.
> 
> clock report bug : https://youtu.be/qU4zdZkUuXY

Thanks, but posting a recording in these case is not an efficient
method of describing the recipe.  It is hard to keep track of what you
do to reproduce the problem, because the keys you press are not
visible.

So please describe the recipes in words.  It will take you slightly
more work, but will cut significantly on the amount of time and
messages we already exchanged, which still didn't bring me close
enough to reproducing the issues.