Subject: Re: bug#64642: 29.0.92; Native compiler doesn't compile dynamically bound functions.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:43:26 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 19:06:58 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 09:42:31 -0400

> > >> It is unlikely that this will be fixed in Emacs 29, unless the fix is
> > >> so simple that will surprise me.

> > > Here is a fix.  Its simplicity probably doesn't surprise you (Eli), but
> > > the change is entirely within one function, and a lot of the patch is
> > > just whitespace changes.

> > > There are no problems running make bootstrap or make check with patch in
> > > place.  It also solves the bug; unless there are good reasons dynamically
> > > bound functions weren't handled.  Andrea?

> > Hi Alan,

> > the fix LGTM thanks for the patch, I think we only need to add a test as
> > well to exercise this code, something like the "free-fun" test in
> > comp-tests.el.

> Alan, when the patch is ready, please install on master.

I'll do that, "ready" meaning when I've written that test suggested by
Andrea.

Thanks!

> Thanks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).