Subject: [bug#64620] Bumping - Add home-emacs-service-type

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2025 14:56:03 +0100

Hello Kierin & Ian,

Ian Eure <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> So progress doesn't stall forever, what I could do is move the
>> pretty
>> printer into a new module that I'd propose calling something like:
>> '(guix formatters elisp)', with a function 'pretty-print-elisp'. It
>> would basically just be a stripped-down copy Ludo's pretty printer,
>> similar to what is present in the first patch. It's not ideal, but
>> it
>> all works well and has been thoroughly debugged over the past two
>> years
>> --- phew, it really has been that long.
>
> This seems like a reasonable path forward to me.
>
> Ludo’, would that be okay with you?

Yes, that sounds like a reasonable way to move forward while mitigating
the risk.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, and apologies for not being more
helpful so far.

Ludo’.