Subject: Re: bug#64619: [PATCH] Add toggle-window-dedicated command

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 08:41:50 +0000

>>> Alternatively, we could use switch-to-buffer-in-dedicated-window as 
>>> that user option: if the user sets it non-nil, we could take that as 
>>> an indication that they prefer the strongly-dedicated default.
>>
>> IMO it would be much cleaner to just strongly dedicate the window in 
>> toggle-window-dedicated, and to add a note in its docstring pointing to 
>> switch-to-buffer-in-dedicated-window and explaining that that option 
>> should be used to decide what happens with C-x b.
>
> So you are saying that opinions of people who disagree with you should 
> be simply disregarded?
>

Hmmm... no.  Where do you see that?  I'm simply saying that a user option 
to control how C-x b behaves with a (strongly) dedicated window already 
exists, which means that the behavior that Spencer found annoying can 
already be tweaked, and that it is not necessary to add yet another user 
option to control that behavior.